סנכרון נתונים של SQL

פורומים אפיון ופיתוח פריוריטי סנכרון נתונים של SQL

משתתף
    האם מישהו ניסה להפעיל את PRIORITY בשני מיקומים? האם אתה יכול לסנכרן מסדי נתונים של SQL בין שני שרתים שונים? יש לי מקומות בישראל ובארצות הברית.

Has anyone tried running PRIORITY in two locations? Can you sync SQL databases between two different servers? I have locations in Israel and United States.

מוצגות 7 תגובות – 1 עד 7 (מתוך 7 סה״כ)
  • Replies
    snoof123
    משתתף
    בעיקרון עד כמה שאני מכיר, משתמשים בשרת אחד לשני המיקומים וככה עובדים עם פריוריטי גם בישראל וגם בארה"ב.

אני מבין את מה שאתה מתכוון אליו, אני חושב שבעתיד כשהמערכת תהיה SAAS לגמרי אז זה כבר ינוהל באופן הזה אוט'. כרגע מה שכתבתי, זאת האפשרות שאני מכיר שנהוגה בשוק.

c.smith
    משתתף
    יש לי בעיה עם חביון בין ארה"ב לישראל.
    ליישומי אנדרואיד מועדפים יש שגיאות תכופות.
    אני חושב שיש עותק של PRIORITY בשני המיקומים יעזור.

I have trouble with latency between US and Israel.
    Priority Android applications have frequent errors.
    I think having a copy of PRIORITY at both locations would help.

Lior
    מנהל בפורום
    Have you considered locating the server somewhere in the middle in west Europe?
    Lior
    מנהל בפורום
    By the way

Having the db mirrored between 2 sites is a DB layer technology.
    You need a sql server expert for that

Here is a description of the technology

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/database-mirroring/database-mirroring-and-replication-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15

yitzchok
    משתתף
    IL

Lior: Have you considered locating the server somewhere in the middle in west Europe?

I was going to make this suggestion too but Lior got there first

More to the point I would be very wary of trying to do this, especially with someone who is "just" an SQL Server expert and not familiar with how Priority works

Distributed databases are a challenge at the best of times

Priority is not designed for this sort of thing

If you have two systems which you are trying to sync then you have to deal with new identifiers being added in both places and then resolving the clashes. You don't want to risk the integrity of a business system in this way

Also Priority has a lot more parts than just the database. It's critical that everything works together. There is a "file system" part of the system where compiled versions of forms and procedures and so on are kept and that is expected to be a single repository for everyone . If a form is marked as changed then it will recompile on one side and the new file will be saved and then the form marked as compiled. That detail would be synced to the other database and you'd also have to make sure that the file is copied over too. This would presumably need to happen in both directions

If the only need is to have a local copy (read only) of the database at the second location then it would be adequate to replicate in one direction and then a DBA could help (for SQL Server there is a program in Priority to put the necessary primary keys in the database to allow setting up that replication without the keys being a surprise to Priority). But from your question it seems that you have active users at the remote site

Basically I want to say that I don't think this is a feasible idea

If your remote users need access to only a small set of data and to make specific updates then you might be better off with a custom system with its own backend database and a sync strategy between that and Priority. Alternatively maybe the generic mobile application systems for Priority which can also work offline would suffice as they may handle the latency issues better than those applications which need to contact the Priority server directly

I hope that this has been helpful

[ בבקשה לא לשלוח הודעות פרטיות במערכת - אני לא קורא אותן ]
    c.smith
    משתתף
    תודה על העצה.

שרת באירופה לא עוזר הרבה עם חביון מארה"ב. זה רק כ-20ms מהר יותר.

שיקוף מסדי נתונים נשמע כמו רעיון רע. לא שקלתי את כל הבעיות בסנכרון.

מה דעתך על יצירת התקנת PRIORITY נפרדת ובניית אסטרטגיית סנכרון בין שתי המערכות? באופן אידיאלי, המשתמשים בשני המיקומים צריכים להיות בעלי ניסיון זהה עם התוכנה.

Thanks for the help.
    A server in Europe does not help much with latency from the US. It is only about 20ms faster.
    Database mirroring sounds like a bad idea. I hadn't considered all the issues with syncing.

What do you think about creating a separate PRIORITY installation and building a sync strategy between the two systems? Ideally, the users at both locations should have the same experience with the software.

yitzchok
    משתתף
    IL

c.smith: What do you think about creating a separate PRIORITY installation and building a sync strategy between the two systems?

I don't see a difference between this and what I wrote before. There is too much going on in Priority to be able to sync all parts, and if you don't then you're guaranteed to have mismatches at some point.

We don't have enough information about your use cases to make specific suggestions for alternatives.

[ בבקשה לא לשלוח הודעות פרטיות במערכת - אני לא קורא אותן ]
מוצגות 7 תגובות – 1 עד 7 (מתוך 7 סה״כ)

תגיות: 

• יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.